Sunday, August 26, 2007

Randomness

Well, I've done it. I've officially completed my first week of nursing school. It's been a great week.

Back in July, I was tagged by Lizzie to make a list random facts about myself. I never really got around to it, being as I thought I didn't have enough time(Ha! Not enough time?! What a joke! Nursing classes really make you appreciate time!). After all, I was charged and found guilty with reckless abandonment.
Anyway, I've been racking my brain trying to think of strange facts about me that not too many people know. So here they finally are.

Strange and Random fact #7: I'm addicted to chapstick. I have to have something on my lips at all times or else I think they're drying up. I can't focus or fall asleep if my lips feel unmoisturized.

Strange and Random fact #6: I like to dress people. As a CNA, it's part of my job to make sure my resident's appearances are nice and tidy. So when that kid walking down the street has his pants hanging down to his knees, boxers unashamedly bared for all to see, I want to go up to him, pull up his pants, tighten his belt, and send him on his way. And when someone's button is undone or their collar is turned, I have to resist the urge to fix it for them.

Strange and Random fact #5: I can hold a conversation with someone over voice mail. One of my friends and I don't actually have to talk to eachother in real time. Sometimes we're both busy, and when one of us is free to talk on the phone, the other one is not. So, we'll leave huge, long, sometimes-in-parts(ok, so she's the one who mostly leaves 3 messages with an ongoing story, not me...)on eachother's voice mail.

Strange and Random fact #4:I'm 21 years old and I sleep with a teddy bear. But it's nice to know that other 20+ yr. olds who do as well.

Strange and Random fact #3:I brush my teeth with hot hot water or else I don't think they're clean.

Strange and Random fact #2: I don't think anything goes better with ice cream than a side of onion rings. Yum.

Strange and Random fact #1: I use an anti-wrinkle cream. One day I was reading this skin typing book that my mom got from the library. You answer the questions and it tells you what type of skin you have and what products to use and how to take care of it. Well, it told me my skin will be wrinkle prone and if I'm young, I should start using an anti-wrinkle cream to help prevent my face from ending up looking like a prune(not exactly in those words...). I'm thinking, what?! But it's true, I went out and bought an anti-wrinkle cream and use it on my eyes. It's actually a great moisturizer. And my friends won't be laughing 30 years from now when I have nice smooth, smooth wrinkle free skin and they're trying to iron out their crow's feet. :oP

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Bennett said...

They're not crow's feet! They're laugh lines. I'll probably end up looking more like my mom. I don't think I'll worry about "laugh lines". Besides, the shade of my large cowboy hat will hide them, and my cowboy husband won't care about them 30 years from now.

I really miss you today. I was glad to talk to you on the phone. We should rig up a webcam and then we could see eachother while we talk over the phone.

Last night Brad Paisley sang the fishing song. It was great to hear it in real life. I'm listening to all the great Brad Paisley songs on my iTunes. I just finished looking at all the pictures I took last night. They're not as clear as I would've hoped, but I still have Dan's pictures to look for, and he took more than I did. I'll put some on my blog soon.

I miss you! love, Lizzie

8/27/2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger WML said...

Hey,this is Wendy, Heather & Dan's cousin, and I bloghop to relax sometimes. It sounds like you are at a really exciting point in your life...and Miss Bennet, the reason I came here was that you gave me nothing new...Enjoy Today!

p.s. Good thing you are not going into secondary ed. If you taught h.s. you would have to keep your hands slammed in your pockets to keep from pulling up pants all day!

8/27/2007 7:35 PM  
Blogger Lady Fair said...

Hey, I know you! :o)

Why don't you create a blog so that I have something to read when Miss Lizzie doesn't update her's?

Yeah, I definately don't think I could make it as a HS teacher. Those kids would drive me crazy. I wouldn't be able to handle the drama. Although, college is just like a "grown up" high school. Good thing the fall '07 nursing class consists mostly of adults. I don't need anymore drama in my life.

9/01/2007 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a test to see if it works.

9/02/2007 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home