Sunday, February 04, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside!!

While most people go to Super Bowl parties, I go to Anti-Super Bowl Parties. They're great fun. They mostly consist of Aaron, Heather, and I kicking Rob's, Dan's, and Randy's butts in the computer game 'Call of Duty'. Yes, it's very tragic for them(we're crying a river for you guys!), but hey, what can I say? We can't help being good. And I'm sorry the Bears lost. Even though I didn't watch the game, I did wear my Bears scarf.

With the weather taunting us with subzero temperatures, we've been doing our best to keep warm. Kara has played a major role in keeping us toasty by making sure we're keeping up with a healthy tea intake. A nice hot cup of tea is not only good for you, but it also warms you up. Except what she serves are more like tea shots...

Today Ryan and I visited a church in Chicago. It was so great to see something a little different. It was very very culturally diverse and their passion for worship was amazing. I loved it.
It was also fun to walk around in the ridiculously cold weather. And I haven't ridden on the CTA since I was little. It was interesting to say the least. I felt pretty dumb trying to stick my card in the little feeder. For the life of me, I could *not* get that thing in. How hard can it be to stick a stupid card in the slot?! Apparently I have not been fortunate to have been blessed with that skill. "No, it has to go in the other way. No, flip it over...yea-no! Wrong way! Upside down, hun!!" Oh, boy...









Gerilyn, Ryan, and I on the bus.


On the way home. There was hardly any traffic. It was football time!


Baby, it's cold outside!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Bennett said...

When did you and Kara have such a cute little tea party? Awwww. I always had to have tea parties by myself with my dolls; I couldn't get any of my brothers to join me :(

So, when should we get together and watch Legally Blonde? Bend, and snap! My brothers won't watch that with me either. It's a good thing I have girl friends, they'll do chicky things with me. I don't mind Call of Duty at all though. We make a good team, even though I wasn't your friend anymore in the game. Whatever happened to unconditional love?!?!? I'll be your friend no matter what. :)

2/05/2007 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the public (and by public I mean me and Rob and Randy) would clearly agree that your so called 'superior teamwork' couldn't stand up against the relentless onslaught of cheat weapons. In my opinion, a world class team should not be subject to failure if their opponent simply has firearms with extended magazines and increased rate of fire.
We didn't cheat, we tested your capabilities and you were found wanting ;O)

I'm glad you and Ryan had a blast in Chicago. Tell Ryan how sorry I am for him about the bears defeat. Perhaps now he'll only want sox for his birthday.

2/05/2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger Lady Fair said...

Yay for tea parties!!! They're fun. We should have a grown up tea party sometime and wear costumes and have tea and muffins(English of course) but we won't fight over them like Algie and John. :o)
I'm excited about our date with some ice cream and Legally Blonde next week. It's so much fun to be a girl and watch girly movies with your girlfriends and have grown up tea parties and wear costumes. It's a (big) little girl's dream come true. Yay for girliness!

Only sore losers use cheat weapons. It's too bad we didn't even realize it and just thought we got too cocky and you guys suddenly miraculously became good. :oP

2/05/2007 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although all this bickering about CoD is entertaining, I feel I must set the record straight. Enabling the 'special' weapons is a global parameter...meaning, both teams had them. We [the winning team] can't help that the 'big guns' were too manly for the girly team to handle.

-The anti-bowl host

2/06/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger Lady Fair said...

I think Aaron would resent the fact that you called our team girly. Our team was full of Aaron-ish testosterone.

2/06/2007 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's about time for the 'mud slinging' to end. Can't we all just get along? (until the rematch).

-The anti-bowl host

2/06/2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lady Fair said...

Get along? Why just get along if we can all shoot eachother? Forget that Bren, I have a new favorite gun. The Russian PPSH. It's simply beautiful.

2/06/2007 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home